You will still require an assessment with your physiotherapist to determine your health goals, and you may need several one-on-one sessions prior to attending the supervised classes. However, you do not need to be injured or require rehabilitation to participate in clinical pilates.
Pilates provides several health and fitness benefits including:
- injury prevention;
- increased postural awareness;
- improved muscular strength and flexibility;
- enhanced breathing control;
- increased muscular tone and joint mobility; and
- restoration of normal movement patterns.